Monday, October 25, 2010

The Insanity of Religion III

It has been my experience that, because I am an atheist, many religious people will scrutinize everything I say and do in order to twist it into some unrecognizable calumny that can be used to paint me as the most evil person imaginable.  So, it is with some trepidation that I post these links and these words.  I am sure I will be accused of anti-semitism or of blaming the Jews for provoking the Holocaust, but it is because these articles involve Israel and Judaism that they reveal so much about religion and it's destructive interplay with human nature.

First we have an influential Israeli rabbi saying that gentiles were meant by god to serve the Jews.  This is precisely the sort of thinking that the Nazi's accused the Jews of in order to justify their genocide.  Only someone completely blinded by egotism would make such a statement under such circumstances.

The second is an article about the rise of Jewish fascism within Israel, which indicates that the Rabbi is not alone in his thinking by far and that many people don't learn from history more than they need to prop up their egos.

What more proof can one really require to see that religion is a sickness that does nothing but divide us and set us against each other for no objective reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment