Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Moment of Truth II

Some time ago, I published a post expressing my conclusion that most people have the intelligence to see that religion is false and that most people do have that epiphany at some point in their lives and that what separates believers from non-believers is their reaction to this moment of truth.

I recently came across a quotation from the writings of Sigmund Freud that implicitly express the same notion that I would like to add to my thoughts on this notion:

"In the long run, nothing can withstand reason and experience, and the contradiction religion offers to both is palpable."

Once again, I am struck by how the same realizations concerning religion have appeared again and again throughout history, yet mankind still suffers from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment